Domane AL 3 is smooth, stable, and confidence-inspiring. It's perfect for new riders and anyone looking to upgrade to a versatile aluminum road bike built for a comfortable riding experience. The quality parts are ready to tackle fast group rides and adventures that stray from the beaten path to rougher roads.
It's right for you if...
Domane AL 3 is the right choice if you're pretty confident you're going to take to road cycling, and want a great first road bike or an upgrade that will be your companion for years to come.
The tech you get
The full Shimano Sora groupset has 18 speeds with integrated brake/shift levers. It's a lighter parts group than Shimano's introductory groupset and provides a wide range of gears that"s great for climbing. Domane AL 3 has a lightweight Alpha Aluminum frame with a stable Endurance Geometry for a confident ride, plus mounts for fenders, racks, lights, and more.
The final word
Lighter parts, with 18 speeds for easier riding on varying terrain, an advanced aluminum frame, and a comfort-first geometry designed to help you fall in love with road cycling. Plus, it's built in Trek's performance heritage and backed by a lifetime warranty.
Why you'll love it
- Domane AL 3 is a great-looking bike for a great value, and it's a super foundation for a happy future of road riding
- A lightweight frame and quality parts make it a totally appropriate platform for fast group rides
- The stable Endurance Geometry is comfortable over long distances, but this is still a quick race bike
- The unique IsoSpeed Carbon fork, which swoops forward toward the dropouts, absorbs vibrations from the road so your arms won't fatigue as quickly
|Frame||100 Series Alpha Aluminum, DuoTrap S compatible, hidden fender mounts|
|Fork||Domane carbon, hidden fender mounts|
|Headset||Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8?|
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready|
|Tires||Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x28c|
|Bottom Bracket||Sealed cartridge|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Sora|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Sora|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano Sora, 11-32, 9 speed|
|Shifters||Shimano Sora, 9 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8mm|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, w/computer & light mounts|
|Pedals||Wellgo nylon body w/alloy cage, toe clip & strap|
|Saddle||Bontrager Arvada Comp, steel rails|
|Seat Post||Bontrager, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 8mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Trek Black / 54cm||601479873920||568007||DOM20122820K|